When you study abroad in Maastricht, the Netherlands through USAC you’ll be part of a program that combines strong academics and integrated study trips designed to give you real-world experience with the subject matter and set you apart from your peers.
The multiple field trips offered throughout the semester allow you to experience Europe as part of your program. In addition, Maastricht’s convenient location, in the heart of Europe, makes for easy travel to major capital cities and points of interest.
USAC’s Maastricht program allows you to choose from five different academic tracks all with a different focus. While students from any major will find coursework relevant to their degree, those looking to enroll in health, psychology, neuroscience, and science classes in a quaint European town will find this program of particular interest.
Why study abroad in Maastricht?
- Earn credit toward your degree while engaging in an international setting
- Experience a picture-perfect town situated on the border of the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany
- Choose from a wide range of academic courses including business, economics, political science, European culture, STM (science, technology, mathematics), neuroscience, psychology and public health, and supplement your classroom instruction with integrated field trips, museum visits, and seminars on location
- Participate in three overnight field trips including a European study trip to Berlin, a ‘Get to Know the Netherlands’ cultural weekend, and a Euregional Study Trip
- Save money on groceries and shop the weekly farmer’s markets, attend a variety of lively festivals held in the city, and easily connect with locals as a majority of Dutch citizens speak English!
Courses offered during Fall/Spring term
USAC’s partnership with Maastricht University’s Center for European Studies allows you to immerse yourself in interdisciplinary studies centered around one of five programmatic themes:
Business and Economics in Europe
History, Culture and Arts
Politics, Law and International Relations in Europe
Psychology and Neuroscience in Europe
Public Health and Medicine in Europe.
You will enroll in one core course specific to your program’s theme that combines strong academics with integrated field trips and experimental learning. At least half of your courses must be selected from disciplines related to the program theme. You are free to fill your remaining course load from those disciplines or choose from over 350 courses in a wide variety of academic departments. A full semester course load is 24-32 ECTS (12-16 US credits). All instruction is provided in English; courses are subject to change. Visit the Maastricht program page on the USAC website for a full listing of courses offered.