Have you ever said to yourself,
“I absolutely want to ___________________ before I die?”
Maybe it’s something you’ve always done — like surfing or hiking — but you wanted a new challenge, like riding the waves in Costa Rica or scaling mountains in New Zealand. Or maybe it is something you’ve always wanted to do — live with people who don’t speak your native language, or volunteer in a medical clinic in another country.
Whatever or wherever it may have been, we want you to show us how you were able to check items off your International Bucket List while studying abroad.
*Photos will be accepted NOW until June 15, 2015
[dt_stripe type=”1″]Contest Prizes[/dt_stripe]
There are 4 categories that you can enter, but let’s first talk about what you can win!
- Bragging rights, and a great resume booster (along with an official certificate to back it up!)
- Placement and recognition online, hosted by USAC
- A USAC goody-bag with custom USAC swag
- The chance to see your photograph used in a print or online promotion of USAC programs (in a catalog, on the website, etc)
- $300 in Frosch Travel Bucks to send you on your next adventure!
* Winners will be selected Friday, June 26, 2015.
[dt_stripe type=”1″]Contest Categories[/dt_stripe]
Submit up to 3 photographs per category (12 photos maximum):
- THE Photo
Did the very tip-top item on your International Bucket List get checked off while you studied abroad? Choose the one photo (or two, or three) that best sums up how you checked the most important items off your list.
- Seeing is Believing
Maybe it wasn’t an activity you wanted to knock off, but the chance to experience a particular landscape or city skyline, or to connect to a place that holds special meaning for you. We don’t want to just see the landscape, so show us how you engaged with a place or places that you’ve always wanted to see.
- Making a Difference
We love how many of our students say “I can’t wait to give back once I’m abroad!” If you were able to participate in volunteer projects, service learning, or even informal language lessons with locals, we want to see it!
- Live, Learn, Love
Every facet of daily life while you are abroad has the potential to be a learning experience, but maybe you had a specific skill you wanted to gain while away from home. Was it perfecting homemade pasta with your Italian host mom? Practicing traditional Chinese calligraphy with an expert? Show us!
[dt_stripe type=”1″]Submission Instructions[/dt_stripe]
Photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com by June 15, 2015.
- Participants submitting under one category only: Include in the body of the email your name, the term/location of your USAC program, the name of the category you are submitting under, and a brief description of each photo (where you are, what you are doing, who you are with, etc).
- Participants submitting under more than one category: Same as above but please name each file with the category you would like it considered under (THEPhoto.jpg, livelearnlove.tiff, makingadifference.raw, etc).
Questions can be directed to Kim Stenderup at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-682-5858.
[dt_stripe type=”1″]Contest Guidelines[/dt_stripe]
The International Bucket List contest is open to current participants and alumni of USAC January, summer, semester, and year programs. Photographs from any year may be submitted; however, due to resolution and format restrictions, it is unlikely that photographs taken before the availability of digital cameras will be considered.
- Resolution and Format: Photos must be high-quality and submitted electronically in JPEG, TIFF, or RAW format. Scanned images of printed photographs will not be accepted.
- Limits on Submission: Participants may submit up to 3 photographs per category. Participants should consider sharing any additional photos not submitted for consideration in the International Bucket List contest with USAC by emailing them to email@example.com with the subject line “Share”, or by posting them to one of USAC’s social media channels with official hashtag and handle (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest).
- Original Work: Submitted photographs must be original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the International Bucket List photo contest, participants acknowledge that the submitted photo(s) is/are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any claim to the submitted photography. Photos previously submitted to USAC as part of another contest or for any other reason are not eligible for resubmission under this competition.
- Copyright and Usage: Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree that Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use on USAC web pages and promotional materials, without fee, compensation, or acknowledgement; USAC may display winning photos on their website; and that USAC may retain copies of the photograph for archival and promotional purposes.
So, let us see what you checked off your International Bucket List!