Hug-A-Panda: Life Achievement Unlocked

Panda feature imagePhoto: USAC student, Jacob, hanging out with a panda.

 

What if I told you there’s a place in the world that you can actually HUG a panda bear – a REAL panda bear!

Are you thinking, Where is this place? It must be myth!

No, my friends, it is indeed true. Chengdu, China is home to the ONLY place in the world where you can pay ~$330 to hug a panda bear.

Be sure to watch the panda bear attack at :50.

As if you needed more reasons to seek out your bucket list item to *hug* a panda, here are few random facts about them.

  • A panda’s diet is 99% bamboo, the other 1% is meat. (Oh no! Innocent panda bears eat meat?! WHAT IS LIFE?!)

  • Hungry hungry pandas? Pandas spend about 14-16 hours a day eating. So, yes, eating can be an exercise (see last paragraph).

  • Silly fact: Pandas always have black eyes. Why? Because NOT cute without it.

WhyDoPandasHavePandaEyes

In all seriousness, pandas are something to behold and if you’re interested to find out more, here are some resources:

Additionally, if you want to snuggle a panda bear any time soon, consider studying abroad in Chengdu, China for your chance 😀

https://youtu.be/KDEhYJ4CZv4

Sources: Global animal, Disney, WonderHowTo