Do you have a knack for taking photos and videos? Are you looking forward to sharing your experiences abroad through articles, passages, and digital communications? If you’re hoping to grow your portfolio while abroad and help promote your USAC program, this opportunity is for you.
USAC is looking for study abroad students to participate in a paid digital communications internship for the Summer 2018 term. We are looking for students in the following locations:
During your time abroad, you will get to work with a variety of our staff while creating real projects that will build your portfolio and help you fully immerse yourself in your new culture and experiences.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in or studying in the following fields; journalism, photography, videography, broadcasting, public relations, communication, advertising, marketing, etc.
You’re also the kind of person who is looking to get the most of your study abroad experience and capture unique moments with your classmates. If you’re obsessed with telling stories, are creative and thoughtful when expressing your experiences and want the whole world to see what it’s like to study abroad, then we are looking for you!
Here are specific requirements for the internship
You will be asked to complete a series of content marketing tasks during your time abroad. The number of tasks will be determined by study abroad term length, and the type of tasks will be determined based on your interest and skills as well as gaps in content for the program.
You will be expected to turn in your projects to USAC by a specified date.
Here are examples of the types of projects we are looking for:
• Take photos throughout the semester of events and activities including orientation, field trips, overnight trips, field studies, internships, volunteering, academics, housing, etc. Pictures should include candid photos as well as group and individual shots
• Create a cultural tip sheet/infographic that is relative to your study abroad location. Should be created using an infographic or creative design tool
• Take and edit video footage throughout the semester of life abroad. Include interviews with fellow students and footage from varying activities
• Write captivating blog posts about housing, academics, internships, volunteering, language partners, a specific activity, experience or field trip including photos and/or video.
• Social media takeover – take over social media Instagram account during special events, holidays, and activities
• Take specific high-quality photos that could be used in our promotional materials and catalogs
We know having a little extra cash while abroad is much appreciated so you will earn $250 upon successful completion and submission of the projects assigned to you.
In addition, you’ll receive placement and recognition on the USAC website, blog and social media sites, bragging rights, a great resume booster, and the chance to see your communications used in a print or online promotion of USAC programs (in a catalog, on the website, etc)
Please email the following to Sara East at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Email (make sure this is the email you will be using abroad)
o Gender and Age
o Home University
o Study abroad program location and term
o List of communication skills that interest you, ie; photography, videography, social etc.
o List of USAC activities you will be participating in during your time abroad
o List of equipment you will be bringing with you abroad (cell phone make/model, camera, video, GoPro, drone, laptop, etc.)
o Examples of each area of interest (eg, blog post, photo, video, social media handle, etc) that demonstrate your skills.