Learning a new language gives you a competitive edge in your career, enhances your listening and memory skills, and allows you to participate more widely in a multi-cultural world.
Many students who study abroad do so to learn a new language. We all know that study abroad is on hold for the summer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start your language learning now and complete it during a future study abroad term.
That’s why USAC is bringing you 15 online language courses being offered during the Summer 2020 term. Here’s what’s so great about these courses.
- Classes are taught by international professors
- You can start a language this summer and continue learning during a future semester abroad
- You’ll be eligible for a $500 credit towards a future semester study abroad program or $300 towards a future summer study abroad
- You can mix and match courses from multiple locations and gain a true multi-cultural perspective.
Available Online Summer Courses
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the online language courses available through USAC this summer. You can click on each course to read full course descriptions.
- Third Year French I * (Pau)
- Intermediate German I * (Lüneburg)
- German Composition I * (Lüneburg)
- Business German * (Lüneburg)
- Elementary Italian II (Torino)
- Intermediate Italian I * (Torino)
- Italian Composition I * (Verona)
- Intermediate Portuguese I * (Florianópolis)
- Portuguese Composition I * (Florianópolis)
- Intermediate Spanish I * (Montevideo)
- Intermediate Spanish II * (Montevideo)
- Spanish Composition I * (Santiago)
- Advanced Spanish I * (Santiago)
- Business Spanish * (Heredia)
- Spanish for Medical Professionals * (Montevideo)
- Survey of Spanish Literature II * (San Sebastián)
How to Start Online Language Courses
If we’ve piqued your interest about our new online language courses, there are a few details to know to get you started.
- Deadline to apply: May 25
- Courses start: June 15
- Fees: $985 per course
Am I Eligible?
We welcome applicants who:
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Have a college or university grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Meet the academic pre-requisites (if any) of their desired course
How Much Does it Cost?
As always, we do our best to make our programs and courses as cost effective as possible. All online courses cost $985 per course.
Program fee includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Access to Office 365 for duration of the course
- Official University Transcript
Estimated additional expenses:
- Textbooks – $50 to $175 per course
USAC is waiving the application fee for 2020-21 to allow students to apply at no financial risk.
When Do Courses Begin?
There are some important application deadlines and course deadlines to know.
|April 20, 2020||Application opens|
|May 25||Application deadline (late applications considered through June 8)|
|N/A||The $500 enrollment confirmation deposit is not required for this program.|
|June 1||Balance Due Deadline|
|June 17||Tuition Refund Deadline (no refunds after this date)|
|June 8, 2020||Access to online platform becomes available|
|June 15||Online courses begin|
|July 24||Online courses end|
|July 25||Program end date|
Learn a Language Online Today
Join us this summer in enhancing your language skills. From beginner to advanced, there’s something for everyone.